We’re going to be sharing our favourite healthy recipes. The first being my favourite breakfast that I start most days off with – Banana with Homemade Yoghurt and Muesli. Below is the recipe for making your delicious homemade, nutritious muesli.
Delicious crunchy and nutty muesli that is so quick and simple to make. Perfect on top of yogurt or simply add your favourite milk.
- 200 g Rolled Oats
- 45 g Dessicated/flaked coconut or sliced almonds
- 45 g Pumpkin Seeds Replace with other seeds as required
- 150 g Raw Nuts Roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Linseed
- 85 g Butter Melted
- Preheat the Oven to 160 degrees C / 140 degrees fahrenheit / Gas Mark 3
- Combine the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking tray
- Bake for 30-35mins, or until golden brown. Check the mixture after 15mins for colour, and mix lightly. Adjust the heat if necessary.
- Remove the muesli from the oven and leave the muesli to cool
- Once cool, store in an airtight container and consume within 1 to 2 weeks. (Mine lasts longer and still tastes great)
Special Tip Serve 2 tbsp of homemade muesli on top of homemade yogurt with seasonal/exotic or stewed fruit. You can replace the Butter with Coconut oil. Recipe adapted from Second Nature a healthy lifestyle programme endorsed by the NHS.
Banner Photo by Alexander Mils on Unsplash
Leave a Comment